PI Paralegal (Industrial Disease)
Well-established law firm require an additional Paralegal for their Industrial Disease department based in Pontefract. You will assist on a caseload of the full range of industrial disease matters, including noise induced hearing loss claims.
Duties will include:
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
- Liaising between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
- Preparing standard legal forms and preparing and filing court documents
- Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
- Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
- Preparing LAA forms.
You will need:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Paralegal is required,
- Experience of PI or Industrial Disease matters would be advantageous,
- Excellent client care skills,
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills,
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines,
- Good team working skills
Competitive salary package including 23 days holidays plus bank holidays and company pension.