Public Law Lawyer
Public Law Lawyer
Contract - Full-Time
Public Law Lawyer required to join the Government Legal Department for a minimum of 6 months. The GLD are looking for a qualified Solicitor or Barrister to advise the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. The successful Public Law Lawyer will ideally have 2+ years post qualified experience and be comfortable with a high volume of cases. Experience in the Public Sector and Public Law is desirable and beneficial practice would also include but not be limited to advisory and policy work, judicial reviews and drafting.
Key Responsibilities of a Public Law Lawyer
- Providing public law advice to support the development of policy and legislation to deliver the Government's Clean Growth Strategy and Industrial Strategy.
- Providing public law advice in work relating to the UK's withdrawal from the EU.
- Some legislative drafting
- Aid in delivering ambitious industrial strategies and promote responsible business practices
- Assisting in ensuring the UK has a reliable, low cost and clean energy system
Required skills and experience of the Public Law Lawyer
- Fully qualified solicitor or barrister
- 2+ years post qualified experience
- Experience in the public sector would be beneficial
- Judicial review and advisory experience would be beneficial but is not essential
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.