Locum Childcare Advocate
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Locum Childcare Advocate to join the legal team of an established Local Authority in Bedfordshire. The duration of the contract is likely to be for 3 months with the possibility of extension and is offered on a full time basis.
The successful candidate must be able to provide advocacy defiantly and represent complex and sensitive cases in court with specialist technique and legislative expertise. This role will be heavily client focused and require the ability to react to immediate issues of a highly complex nature and deliver pragmatic solutions at times under extreme pressure.
The duties on a day-to-day basis are as follows:
- Present the case of the Local Authority within a variety of proceedings and venues, including lengthy contested hearings to achieve the best outcome for the client in a timely and flexible manner
- Lead on negotiations in areas of dispute, in order to resolve areas of conflict
- Formulate and present quality legal argument on behalf of the client, both orally and in writing to a high standard
- Conduct effective communication with clients, professionals and the judiciary while being a professional ambassador for the Council
- Efficiently discharge the Council's powers in a cost effective manner in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Anticipate and identify problems to the client including service user complaints and judicial review at a correct time
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the team functions successfully in meeting the needs of the client
This role will pay £35-£45 per hour with flexibility depending on experience.
The ideal candidate would specifically have extensive advocacy experience in childcare law, utilise their advocacy skills effectively and be a skilled communicator through fluent speaking and articulate writing.
Our client also requires a candidate with a full valid driving license and use of a suitably insured vehicle for business use.
Should you, or anybody you know wish to apply for the above position then please contact Connie Ross or Sophie Powell by phone on 0121 616 0660 or email your CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.