Family Solicitor (NQ - 4 years PQE)
Ref: KB13707 North London £30,000 - £42,000pa
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Family Solicitor or NQ Family Solicitor to join an established, multi-office, CQS accredited law firm who have grown significantly and now have a network of local branches across the area. One of their greatest strengths is the loyalty of their clients who return to them regularly and regard them as their family solicitors.
You will be joining a Family and Children Law accredited team who have a wealth of experience and who offer a personal but professional approach with a strong reputation for unrivalled expertise. You will support the team with their ever increasing and varied casework. This position will have a biased towards financial matters and legal aid work.
- As the Family Solicitor, you will provide clear and comprehensive advice to clients and progress the clients cases smoothly to completion
- Interviewing clients, taking instructions, identifying appropriate funding, including public funding, keeping detailed file notes of instructions received, advice given and any other attendances upon clients and other parties
- Provide written, telephone and office costs estimates and quotes to prospective clients/introducers with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested
- Drafting applications to the court and other court documents
- Carry out own advocacy matters
- Responding promptly and accurately to requests for information concerning casework from partners, supervisors and fee earners
- You will have NQ - 4 years pqe but all applicants are encouraged to apply if you meet the relevant criteria
- Experienced in both private and legal aid work
- Previous experience in the following areas - financial matters, matrimonial, domestic violence, injunctions and advocacy
- Previous experience in Immigration Law is desirable
If you are hardworking and dedicated and wish to work for a growing firm with ample career development on offer, please contact Katy Bowen at Law Consultants, to discuss this role further.