Solicitor/ Chartered Legal Executive
We are looking for a 4 year + PQE solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to work in a growing Professional Negligence team based in Manchester. The claim type will be a mixed case-load of Professional Negligence and general litigation claims which may include contentious probate. The value of the cases involved will vary. The solicitor will also be responsible for assisting other team members in the running of their cases and to developing their own case load. . The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a caseload, fee earning, working independently with some limited admin support.
- Detailed knowledge of general civil litigation to include but not limited to professional negligence claims, contract disputes, contentious probate and other non-personal injury type claims.
- Detailed knowledge of the CPR
- To possess good litigation skills to include all procedural, advocacy and practical skills
- Detailed knowledge of costs budgeting process
- To conduct own advocacy on interlocutory applications and Case Management Hearings
- To work efficiently and proportionately having regard to the likely damages and rules on proportionality
- To work independently with minimal Counsel input apart from drafting of pleadings and Trial representation
- To ensure that core competency requirements are maintained and certified
- To conduct a caseload of matters on behalf of clients as directed and in accordance with the Firm’s file management and supervisory policy
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems, including the firm’s HR, L&D and recruitment tools
- To work independently with access to limited secretarial and administrative support
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Court forms and procedures
- Compliance with the firms Money Laundering Procedures and the Data Protection Act
- If necessary conduct appraisals and performance reviews
- Ensure all statutory and compliance obligations are met
- Participation in the development, marketing and success of the Professional Negligence and Dispute Resolution department to include developing the website business
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Solicitor or CILEX Chartered Legal Executive Qualification
- 4 years’ post qualification experience of running a Multi-Track caseload
- A friendly and co-operative approach to clients and colleagues/department members
- Experience of business development and social media
- Good knowledge and understanding of various Protocols under CPR, and The Multi Track and Allocation Tactics
- Excellent IT skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of the CPR.
- Good practical skills, including proven negotiation skills
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity