Locum Commercial Contracts Solicitor
Venn Group is currently working with an established Local Authority based in Hertfordshire to recruit for a Locum Commercial Contracts Lawyer for an initial period of 3 months. Whilst the position is offered on a full-time basis, candidates who are only able to offer part-time hours but possess the necessary experience are also encouraged to apply.
The role is offering a wide and interesting caseload with a focus on delivering risk-focussed legal advice to support colleagues in making the best decisions for their service areas and service users. There will be a mixed caseload of procurement, contracts, internal governance, Local Authority powers, company advice, CTAs, data protection and IPR.
Duties may include:
- Drafting documentation that achieves clients' objectives and to negotiate and settle documentation with their third parties
- Providing high quality legal advice and assistance on contract and commercial matters to client departments across the Local Authority
- Maintaining awareness of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Providing training on legal issues as directed by the Principal Lawyer, Commercial Law
- Assisting the Principal Lawyer, Commercial Law on specific projects
- Undertaking other duties provided to you by the Principal Lawyer, Commercial Law when required
The client are able to offer an hourly of rate of £35 - £45 per hour dependent on experience and 1-2 days of homeworking are also on offer for the right candidate.
Should you, or anybody you know wish to apply for the above position then please contact Connie Ross or Tom Hoult by phone on 0121 616 0660 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.