Housing Law Paralegal
[ Barrington Treymaine 20/03/2019 14:58:42
Job Title Housing Paralegal with view to offering a training contract
Experience - 8 months experience in one aspect of housing law e.g. possession proceedings, homelessness, disrepair
Location West London
My client is currently recruiting for a full-time housing paralegal with a view to offer a training contract following 6 to 12 months of satisfactory employment.
The firm holds legal aid contracts to provide legal services in housing.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A 2.1 degree in any subject, or a 2.2 degree in any subject and at least 3 A-levels at grades A to C;
* An LPC qualification;
* At least 8 months' previous work experience in at least one area of housing law (for example, possession proceedings, homelessness, disrepair claims etc.);
* Previous experience of making legal aid applications or a willingness to learn about the same;
* Good attention to detail;
* Good communication skills, both written and oral;
* Strong IT skills, preferable with previous experience of using a case management system, working with scanned documents, etc; and
* Commercial awareness.
Candidates invited to interview will be expected to demonstrate that they possess all or most of the above.
Under Supervision of a Housing Solicitor, Housing Paralegal will be expected to-
* advise and assist tenants who are subject to possession proceedings or eviction
* advise and assist homeless applicants or those threatened with homelessness,
* advise and assist clients whose home is in a state of disrepair or presents a serious risk to their health and safety.
* advise and assist clients who need protection from harassment by a neighbour/landlord or have been unlawfully evicted.
* advise and assist clients whose landlord or Local Authority is applying for a civil injunction, Community Protection Notice (CPN) or Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) for anti-social behaviour
The vacancy is for a full-time housing paralegal who may, after 6 to 12 months satisfactory employment, be offered a training contract.
The successful candidate will be expected to workMonday- Friday from 9am to 6pm.
Working as part of a team which will include one other paralegal and a supervising solicitor responsible for your development to work collaboratively to acheive team targets for billing and quality of service.
Douglas Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.