An opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Solicitor with experience of Private Client matters. It will be a full time, permanent position based at the firm’s Leeds office.
- To undertake fee earning work, working both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of the team
- To maintain existing relations with the firm's clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third party referrers
- Managing private client matters with a particular focus on:
- Preparation of Wills and Trusts
- Administration of estates and trusts
- Advising on trusts for pension and life insurance policies
- Advising on tax matters with emphasis on inheritance tax mitigation
- Advising clients with regard to elderly issues including LPAs and deputy orders.
- Estate planning for asset protection with a focus on tax minimisation, care fees and third party creditors
- Managing relationships with IFAs, accountants and clients.
- Must be willing to work closely with other departments within the firm.
- Must be willing to participate in the growth and future development of the department, assisting in the build-up of the client base.
- To conduct a caseload of matters on behalf of clients as directed and in accordance with the firm’s file management and supervisory policy.
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems including the firm’s HR, L&D and recruitment tools.
To work independently with access to limited secretarial and administrative support.
Detailed knowledge of relevant court forms and procedures.
Compliance with firm’s money laundering procedures and GDPR.
Ensure all statutory and compliance obligations are met.
Participation in the development, marketing and access of the Wills and Probate Department including development of website business.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years PQE required for this role.
- Good “hands on” private client experience with high net worth clients.
- Excellent client facing skills, the ability to nurture existing clients and third party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business and be willing to assist and participate in networking events.
- The ability to prioritise work and work to strict timescales when required.
- Technical proficiency and good IT skills.
- A strong academic background.
- The ability to deal with the highest standards of client care.
- Maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Experience of business development and social media
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.