This firm is a regional heavyweight in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at both the Lincoln and Grimsby office's for an experienced solicitor to join our busy Corporate Commercial team.
The main duties are to maximise departmental profitability whilst maintaining excellent client care standards in corporate and commercial areas. To cover matters including: on the corporate side, share and business acquisitions and sales, MBOs, rights issues and fundraising, restructuring, reorganisations and corporate governance; and on the commercial side, drafting and negotiating contracts (including framework agreements, supply and purchase contracts, software licences, franchise agreements), advising on terms & conditions, consumer credit and intellectual property.
Duties will include:
- Taking on existing matters or running existing matters, in a busy and expanding department
- Managing and progressing own caseload in an efficient and effective manner, under the supervision and guidance of senior colleagues where required
- Delegating work as appropriate to more junior members of staff and supervising that work (offering guidance where appropriate) to ensure quality of work produced by the department is of the highest standard
- Taking an active involvement in business development activities organised by the department or firm
- Dealing with enquiries from potential clients, colleagues and existing clients promptly to ensure that all business opportunities are dealt with professionally and to the satisfaction of the client or enquirer
- Achieving both individual and team financial targets agreed with the Department Head or Branch Partner.
- Identifying and following up new business opportunities.
We are interested to hear from Solicitors 1+ years PQE from similar sized or larger law firms.
The successful applicant must demonstrate:
- Excellent client relationship skills
- That they are a team player
- The ability to network and develop business opportunities
- The ability to adopt a commercial, as well as a legal, approach to client issues
- Excellent interpersonal and IT skills
Excellent time and matter management skills
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.