The Early Years Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Head Office based in Old Street, London for a Paralegal Intern to work with us as part of our Legal Services Department on 12 month fixed term contract.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02.
- Responsible for assisting the Legal Services Manager and Lawyer and Director of Human Resources for the Early Years Alliance
- To support and assist the work of the Legal Services Manager and Lawyer and the Director of Human Resources, including such activities as dealing with correspondence, filing (both paper and electronic), research and liaison with internal clients and local staff, e-mail management and prioritising tasks
- To support the various Directors, departments and childcare settings by responding to legal, contractual, GDPR and property queries and providing information and other support as necessary.
- To ensure the maintenance of case management system, legal files, GDPR log, assist in maintaining accurate records and the provide reports to meet required deadlines as required.
- To assist the Legal Services Manager and Lawyer in drafting reports and amending procurement and commercial agreements.
- To assist the Director of Human Resources with the preparation of any Tribunal bundles and associated correspondence.
- To assist the Legal Services Manager and Lawyer with litigation matters including debt recovery.
- Must have a law degree, a GDL or be working the GDL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 52
Interview date: Wednesday 29th May 2019
Please click the link to view the role on our website and to apply for the role