In House Paralegal
Your new company
Global manufacturer of Automotive systems and components. They operate internationally and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Globally, the legal team has a team of six lawyers and three administrators. In Oxford they have a small, busy team where their Deputy General Counsel and Senior Legal Counsel, EMEA are located. They also have lawyers in Asia Pacific and North America (where their General Counsel sits).
Your new role
This role will report to the Senior Legal Counsel, EMEA based in Oxford. The Oxford Legal Department are responsible for a multitude of jurisdictions and this means that both the Senior Legal Counsel and Deputy General Counsel travel abroad often so this role would suit somebody who can work effectively as part of a team but is also capable of working well autonomously.
What you'll need to succeed
I am seeking a full-time Paralegal, who will have a varied workload, including:
- Supporting their clients business stakeholders within Europe on a wide range of day-to-day queries, including drafting and advising on standard form documents, such as confidentiality agreements, terms and conditions, consignment stock agreements and others.
- Online database management - keeping the legal and property databases on Share Point up-to-date.
- Carrying out an initial triage of legal queries from business stakeholders that are sent to the Legal team via the legal portal, following up on these and ensuring completion of tasks.
- Legal Department projects and initiatives.
You should possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Law degree or equivalent from a reputable university.
- LPC (commercial or corporate route) would be preferred.
- Previous paralegal experience within a fast-paced global commercial organisation.
- Ability to work across different cultures and time zones.
- Enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organised.
- Conscientious and committed to delivering high quality stakeholder and team support.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to manage your workload effectively and to prioritise and re-prioritise at short notice and with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic.
- Sound commercial acumen.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.