Service Area: Governance and Democracy
Post Title: Solicitor
Post Ref: PU0000100
Post Status: Permanent full time (37 hours per week)
(although part time hours would be considered)
Salary: £39,782 to £42,683 (pro rata for part time)
You will undertake a variety of legal work including in particular planning law. You will need to be able to handle multiple tasks without supervision (although supervision will be provided where appropriate and for as long as appropriate), as well as working as part of the Legal Team. Experience in local government is desirable but you are encouraged to apply if your experience is in other sectors and you are confident, enthusiastic and adaptable.
- Experience in one or more of planning law, information law, contract and procurement law, property law, housing law, criminal and civil litigation and licensing law is essential
- Quality legal work in the heart of beautiful Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1 day a week home-working option (for full time post)
- TOIL for any committee attendance outside core hour
- Minimum 23 days annual leave, pro rata for part-time working flexi-time and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Open and friendly environment
You will enjoy an excellent benefits package including the above.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Ross Chambers on 01789 260471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An application form and job description can be accessed via the website, www.stratford.gov.uk, alternatively telephone the 24 hour answering service on 01789 260711, or e-mail email@example.com. The minicom number for Elizabeth House is 01789 260747.
The closing date for applications is 28 May 2019.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11 June 2019.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people with disabilities.