Legal Accounts Assistant
LEGAL ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT – MILTON KEYNES
Legal 500 Law Firm, with offices in Milton Keynes, and hertfordshire They have provided legal services for over 150 years to private and business clients.
We are looking to recruit a Legal Accounts Assistant to work in our Accounts department which is based in Milton Keynes. It is essential that the candidate has an understanding of the principles of accounting and experience of working in a legal accounts environment is preferable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the online banking system regularly and ensure that all receipts of client money are notified to fee earners and their departments and recorded in the firm’s accounting records promptly;
- Post to the accounting records and transmit all electronic payments in a timely manner;
- Prepare client and office account bank reconciliations on a daily basis;
- Post bills and carry out client to office transfers on a daily basis;
- Process card payments from clients in person or over the telephone;
- Maintain the breaches register and keep the COLP, COFA and Directors of the business up-to-date on all entries on the register;
- Maintain and update nominal and purchase ledgers and petty cash transactions;
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns;
- Assist in the monthly processing of payroll;
- Assist fee earners and support staff with financial queries;
- Liaise with auditors;
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as requested from time to time by the Finance Director or Practice Director.
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
2+ years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Understanding of principles of accounting;
- Knowledge of legal accounts procedures;
- Ability to use an online banking system;
- Numerate and accurate;
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives;
- Delivers output to the highest standard;
- Ability to prioritise;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Please apply asap for more information.