- To supervise a team of legal advisors. To provide legal and other advice to customers of LEASE on any aspect of residential leasehold tenure in England and Wales. To undertake other business plan objectives as directed by the Chief Executive
- Supervision of legal advisors in the operation of advisory services delivered by telephone, in writing and in-person to lay customers; application of management procedures and organisational policy.
- Respond to requests for advice by telephone, correspondence (including online) and personal visits to the office.
- Provide advice in seminars with groups of customers, in the office or in site-visits.
- Carry out reading and research into law and practice to maintain a sufficient level of knowledge to provide appropriate supervision of advisors and to deliver an efficient advisory role; research into special areas as required.
- Draft input to new or revised advisory materials.
- Attend meetings, seminars, courses and conferences as required, including liaison with government officials, ministers, MPs etc.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Chief Executive as required.
- Comply with LEASE's Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policies.
- Provide training and support to legal advisors.
- Write articles and similar content for publication on the website and in newsletters.
Reports to Chief Executive
Person Specification: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have:
- Legal qualification (eg law degree, LPC or equivalent)
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues with customers in a plain English fashion, including writing accurately and succinctly.
- Evidence of mastering complex issues.
- Evidence of the ability to meet daily KPIs.
- Evidence of an ability to work within a demanding and pressurised environment.
- Ability and commitment to work in an open and publicly accountable manner as set out in the code of conduct.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure delivery of KPIs.
- Evidence of commitment to team work and to appreciate organisational values.
- Appreciation and experience of IT in the business environment, including knowledge of Microsoft packages and internet resources.
- Previous experience in a telephone or advisory environment
- Knowledge of legislation relating to residential leasehold and park homes law.
- Knowledge of the wider residential property industry policy.
Deadline for applications: 29th May 2019 – 17:00
Salary: £40, 000 - £46, 000 depending on qualifications and experience