Head of Legal
Head of Legal
£55,597 to £77,203 per annum + benefits
Peterborough – interim Bircham Newton
In this role as the Head of Legal, you will be expected to deputise for the General Counsel on all legal matters across the organisation and to lead on and deliver an effective legal service in all core business activity.
To provide creative, strategic and commercial legal advice across all core business activity that recognises both legal and non-legal drivers.
You will also manage and deliver a first-class in-house legal function that delivers a demanding and varied workload of legal matters with commercial contracts as the focus.
To deputise for the GC at project meetings or in team management matters including holding any delegation of authority.
The role will also involve providing a legal oversight and effective support to all transformation and divestment projects.
You will advise and supervise the Legal Team on all strategic, regulatory and commercial matters with particular emphasis on the ITA and related legislation.
To liaise with external lawyers to provide effective and cost-efficient legal advice to the organisation.
In the role, you will also ensure good governance and legal risk management of all legal matters across the organisation.
To be considered for this role, you will:
• Be educated to degree level with relevant professional qualification;
• Be a Qualified solicitor holding a current practising certificate;
• Have significant post qualification experience (or equivalent) including the following areas:
- Regulated Industry
- Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Data Protection/Freedom of Information
- Public sector procurement law
- Charity law
- Have experience of influencing senior stakeholders (internal and external);
- Have demonstrable experience of managing a team of professionals and/or a virtual cross-functional team;
- Have advanced analytical skills in order to be able to evaluate factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations; demonstrable ability to filter, prioritise, analyse and validate potentially complex and dynamic material;
- Have experience in planning, budget management and policy development;
- Have a high level of communication skills, including interactive listening in order to be able to negotiate with other managers and senior leaders;
- Have negotiation, influencing and diplomacy skills in order to be able to achieve the overall right outcome for CITB.
Completed applications to Claire.Kennedy@citb.co.uk by 16 June 2019.