Commercial Legal Expenses Underwriter
Legally Qualified - Commercial Legal Expenses Underwriter (ATE)
Acasta Europe Ltd - (Acasta European Insurance Company Ltd)
Acasta Europe Ltd (Acasta) is based in Cheadle and is the dedicated broker providing a range of legal expenses insurance covers underwritten by Acasta European Insurance Company Ltd (Gibraltar) including bespoke and flexible underwriting of commercial ATE risks. Working exclusively with Sparkle Capital Ltd, Acasta can provide supporting non-recourse litigation funding with or without commercial ATE cover. Acasta has been specialising in legal expenses insurance since 1995 we have worked in partnership with UK law firms, providing innovative solutions to ensure they are fully enabled to provide cost effective access to justice.
We believe in a strong team approach and committed to support solicitors and brokers throughout the proposal to inception of cover building strong relationships in the process.
We are looking for a highly motivated and professional qualified solicitor/legal executive to join our legal expenses team.
The individual will:
- Be experienced in running commercial cases within a firm of solicitors
- Ideally have experience of underwriting commercial After the Event (ATE)
- ideally have worked in a similar underwriting role or have suitable commercial litigation experience
- Have an understanding of protocols within the insurance industry, GDPR and the Data Protection Act, or be willing to undertake appropriate training.
- Be knowledgeable of all aspects of claims (quantum, limitation, liability)
- Have strong customer service skills
- Have full working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and the use of Management Information Systems is expected
- Hold a demonstrable record of exceptional interpersonal skills with voice, digital and face to face communication experience
Within the role, you will focus on managing commercial schemes, underwriting new risks and auditing the performance of legal expenses risks. You will be required to master and implement underwriting guidelines and to demonstrate a detailed understanding of risk exposure and appetite in respect of Commercial ATE.
Whilst office based the role also requires visiting our existing and potential customers on a regular basis. The highest level of customer service is demanded always with our clients, intermediaries and third parties.
You will be a strong team player, working efficiently to meet agreed objectives and have a good eye for detail. You must be able to deal effectively with enquiries and operate well within the parameters of stipulated procedures and authority limits.
Your role will include:
- Assessing incoming applications and claims and obtaining all information needed to make informed decisions
- Creating and implementing procedures and processes
- Being a point of contact between the solicitors / brokers and the team, as well as managing and maintaining professional relationships with business partners
- Assisting with other members of the team when needed on policy wordings, claims etc.
- Ongoing training in line with agreed objectives and keeping up-to-date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal training and by reading market related material.