Claimant Law Costs Negotiator
Job Title: Claimant Law Costs Negotiator
Job reference: AFP/3439030
Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
Job description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Law Costs Negotiator to join one of the North West's leading Specialist Personal Injury firms.
The successful candidate will be joining a forward thinking team in Cheshire, handling defendant claims for costs covering all areas of personal injury costs work.
Based in North Cheshire, the firm has excellent links to the M56 and M62, and is close to the central station.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting Solicitor/Client invoices
- Drafting Schedules for summary assessment
- Drafting Schedule of Costs
- Working closely with fee earners to effect swift and accurate recovery and payment
- Ensuring that payments are allocated to the correct file/matter when funds are received
- Liaising with Claimant Solicitors, Counsel and Court
- Negotiating settlement as quickly as possible and on the best terms available
- Ability to manage own cost files
- Positive, confident and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to use own initiative and make decisions
- Plan and prioritise work load
- Excellent listening and verbal and written skills
- Good telephone negotiation skills
- Follow Firm work procedures and keep to strategy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Anticipate problems and identify solutions
- Good IT and Case Management skills
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Abigail Prudhoe on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 234 6400
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.