CROWN COUNSEL I (Financial Crime)
CROWN COUNSEL I
Cl$84,876 - $114,156 per annum (approx. £82,000 – £110,100)
On behalf of the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Crown Counsel I (Financial Crime) will be responsible for conducting criminal proceedings, civil recovery proceedings, and assisting with the processing of requests for international legal assistance. The post will have a specialist focus on proceedings in respect of money laundering, terrorist/proliferation financing, serious fraud, corruption, regulatory offences, and asset restraint/forfeiture proceedings ("financial crime").
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Applicants for this position should be a Solicitor, Barrister or Attorney-atLaw qualified to practice in an English-speaking Commonwealth jurisdiction. Qualified to practice in the Cayman Islands in accordance with the Legal Practitioners Law (2015 Revision), applicants must also possess:
- a minimum of seven (7) years' post qualification experience, including substantial experience in the field of financial crime (preferably with an international element);
- a proven aptitude as an advocate at all levels;
- the ability to assimilate large volumes of information;
- the capacity to conduct thorough independent research;
- the ability to develop clear practices and procedure in relation to financial crime;
- the ability to give clear advice at short notice;
- the ability to handle sensitive matters and to maintain prosecutorial independence;
- strong inter-personal skills and team ethic; and
- the ability to work under pressure.
Please note that the remuneration for this role includes a 12% non-contributory pension plan and medical coverage. Please note that no income tax is payable in the Cayman Islands (CI$1.00 = GBP£0.96).
A detailed job description, information on benefits and a Government Application Form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Mark Harrison, HR Manager, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 244 2336. Email: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, 18th June, 2019