Defendant Personal Injury Solicitor
National firm is looking for a 1-3PQE solicitor to join the Defendant PI Motor fraud team in the Liverpool office
Accidents involving motor vehicles give rise to countless claims and legal actions, affecting every kind of business and non-commercial organisation and their insurers. The sheer volume of cases, and the constant possibility of major costs and resources being involved, can impact seriously on the operational performance of any of the parties involved.
What is needed most in this situation is a service that can help process cases with maximum speed and efficiency and achieve the most satisfactory settlements possible. Weightmans' Motor team is a market leader in this field offering a full service with dedicated teams dealing with fast track, multi track, fraud, credit hire, indemnity issues and representation at inquests and criminal prosecutions.
To work within the motor fraud team and manage a caseload of litigated cases and conduct any relevant investigations in order to repudiate and/or conclude the claim as appropriate.
· Review case upon allocation and report to client/prepare strategy report
· Identify fraud type and tailor investigations accordingly
· Review and analyse database/intelligence search results and make further enquiries as appropriate
· Draft own legal documents including defences, counter schedules, Part 18 RFFIs, Part 35 questions
· Liaise with other solicitors, insurers and agencies to gather evidence
· Instruct paralegals to complete various data mining and other relevant investigations
· Instruct various experts as appropriate
· Completion of MI
· Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
· Deal with own telephone hearings as appropriate
- Comply with data protection compliance and procedures
The person specification
· Defendant motor PI litigation experience
· Knowledge of CPR procedures and technical ability
· Ability to work to deadlines and targets
· Working as part of a team and on own initiative
· Knowledge of investigation of suspected fraudulent claims
· Advocacy skills
· Knowledge of Lexcel procedure
- Knowledge of data protection issues
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.