Commercial Manager, FTSE 250 Organisation
Commercial Manager, FTSE 250 Organisation
We have a brand new opportunity for a Commercial Contract Manager to join a leading international organisation within their services division with offices based in Bristol. They are a well established international group whose reputation is held high both inside and outside. They are proud to be recognised for their high standards, this is consistent through their employees, their work ethic and the results seen in the services that they are able to offer. They expect a candidate to be happy working hard to deliver in their role, and in return offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package. There is also room for flexibility and employees are able to work from home regularly.
The position is placed within in a well established commercial team with a fantastic network of supportive colleagues who all excel in their respective roles. Reporting into the Commercial Director for Life & Pensions with a close relationship with the Divisional Director the position has a strong support network and team around it. The freedom to dictate the flow and pace of your work will enable to you optimise efficiency and enjoy your role to its fullest. An open relationship with your seniors will always be available for advice and guidance whenever necessary, and in equal parts they will trust you and allow you to manage your own workload independently.
The position has a primary focus around 'in-life' contract management, with further responsibilities for renegotiations and contract exits too. The position will look after one of the organisations most valued clients where you will be tasked with ensuring quality service delivery and maintaining a strong cooperative relationship between the two entities. As well as looking after the primary client there is great room to work across a range of other projects and smaller clients, this will allow great exposure to a wide variety of different areas. Process implementation is an important skill to have, in this position you will be given control over the set up and maintenance of various contract management structures; comfort in working on this autonomously is essential. Confidence in your abilities and happiness in making decisions independently will go a long way.
Ideally you will bring to the team at least 3 years of commercial contract management experience, preferably in a professional services/life & pensions environment. The skills you bring to the table will help you to deliver on the following responsibilities:
* To review and advise upon liabilities in new and existing contracts.
* Day to day management of bids and contract changes + commercial management of projects.
* Negotiation with client and third-party suppliers and finance providers to ensure the company are not exposed to an unacceptable level of commercial risk.
* To escalate issues relating to exposure of commercial risk to the Commercial Director and designated authority within the business.
* Negotiate with external and internal clients to identify and eliminate exposure to risk and drive best value for money.
* To support and oversee commercial elements of the change process to ensure that the appropriate pricing and commercial considerations are adhered to.
* Management of the Deliverables and Obligations Tracker to ensure that the company is meeting its contractual obligations.
* Management of existing suppliers to ensure flow down and continued adherence to terms and conditions thereby ensuring the organisation continues to meet its obligations with its client contracts. Such other duties and responsibilities as may be required of the employee, that are commensurate with their knowledge, skill and experience.
* Contribute to improving general (and contract-specific) commercial awareness in the business.
If you feel you have the required and independent, self disciplined attitude to deliver in this challenging and rewarding role then please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.