Assistant Solicitor – Consumer Law and Product Safety Department Ref: AS/PL/MV /JUN19
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Assistant Solicitor (Up to 5 years PQE), within our Consumer Law and Product Safety Department.
Working directly with a Partner the successful applicant will be involved in running their own case load, investigating and pursuing litigation and undertaking research and business development work. Much of the work will involve group litigation claims against large companies in the areas of consumer law and product liability. Specifically, the work will involve representing clients who have had hip components that have failed prematurely.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate:
·Relevant legal experience in Personal Injury and / or Clinical Negligence; given the complexity of caseload it would ideally suit lawyers with up to 5 years of relevant post qualification experience. ·An ability to quickly learn new areas of law and develop new areas of work.
- Interest in Consumer Law and Product Safety, and in particular clinical trial compensation claims and product liability.
- Demonstrable knowledge in conduct of cases from initial advice through to trial.
- Substantial experience in calculating losses in Schedule of Loss (often large and complex).
- Relevant experience in analysing complex factual and legal situations and advising clients in accordance with their aims.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience in using a variety of IT packages (MS Word, Excel, Case Management Systems and Outlook).
It is not necessary for the applicant to have background acting for claimants; however, s/he must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest to work for a leading UK claimant law firm and a passion to be a claimant lawyer.
This is a permanent, full-time, position based in London.
Please visit our website http://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Solicitors to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to email@example.com by Sunday 14 July 2019.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form (downloadable on our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.