Court of Protection - Team Leader
This role is within a highly desirable legal 500 law firm in the south of Manchester.
Solicitor or other suitably experienced adviser required for our Court of Protection Department. You will be managing a caseload of high value catastrophic claims and you will want what is best for the clients. This role requires someone who is passionate about getting justice for the individuals they represent.
Ideally extensive experience of Court of Protection work and/or 1-5 years PQE preferable.
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking individual and will be an integral part of the Court of Protection team. The role is a varied and challenging position.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of running own caseload of Court of Protection matters and making applications to the Court of Protection, including gift applications, statutory Wills and applications for further authority.
- Have experience of drafting and running Personal Injury Trust matters.
- Experience in litigation is preferable, such as contested Court of Protection or Lasting Power of Attorney matters
- Have some experience supervising a small team
- Be willing to travel to attend on clients
- Able to run own caseload and make court applications
- Excellent client care skills with an empathetic nature as you will be handling sensitive legal issues for vulnerable clients
- Professional with a pro-active approach
- Highly effective communicator
- Concise and clear document drafting
- Excellent organisational skills and conscientious
- Team player
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week - must be flexible to cover between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm - core hours 10.00 to 16.00
- Death in Service Private Medical Insurance cover (subject to eligibility)
- 25 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays