Ethics Adviser (Solicitor)
What is in it for you?
- Be at the forefront of advising Solicitors on the rules that govern their conduct.
- Prosper your career by gaining insightful, advanced training on rules and principles of conduct.
- Enjoy a varied role, with challenge, ownership and decision making.
- Showcase your ability to liaise with and advise the profession, providing excellent customer service.
- Utilise and further develop your legal sector expertise whilst keeping in touch with private practice.
Our Ethics Guidance team are currently seeking a number of qualified Solicitors to the team.
Ethics Advisers have a pivotal role in providing expert technical and professional guidance on the rules that govern solicitors' conduct and assist solicitors in applying these to their situation.
You will offer first contact resolution to the profession via correspondence, web chat and telephone on a large number of queries on a wide variety of subjects.
You will need to have and enjoy using the excellent communication and analysis skills it takes to explain and understand complex scenarios, interpreting rules and where appropriate law. Using your experience of private practice, you will be able to identify and deliver the best solutions in line with the requirements of regulation and our wider objectives.
You will also case work applications for waivers of the outcomes of the Code of Conduct and exercise decision making powers on the first instance decisions on applications under Rule 20 of the SRA Accounts Rules.
The work of an Ethics Adviser will suit someone who enjoys a challenge and thrives on delivering outstanding customer service and quality results. Taking ownership of your queries you will consistently achieve the highest performance standards.
As a qualified, experienced Solicitor you will use and apply your working knowledge and expertise of the law, to give advice and guidance to your customers as well as colleagues. There is opportunity to further develop your skill set and your understanding of our code of conduct, to allow for further career development and opportunities. You will contribute to the knowledge of the team and have input into business projects where regulatory expertise is required.
What we are looking for
- Passionate and driven individuals, who excel in giving expert technical and professional advice
- Experience of private practice and advising on anti-money laundering
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure, delivering to deadlines
- Competent decision maker, using appropriate judgment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and accurate way to all levels of stakeholders.
Please make sure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
If you would like to discuss the role we can arrange for this to happen - contact us to arrange a chat, in confidence at
Alternatively, please read the 'day in the life of an Ethics Adviser' this will help you understand what the role involves, the team and our organisation from the perspective of an employee.
Interviews for this role will take place on 8 and 9 July 2019.
Previous applicants to this role in the last six months need not apply.