Locum Senior Employment Solicitor
Venn Group is currently working with a large public sector organisation based in the West Midlands to recruit for a Locum Senior Employment Solicitor on a full time basis for a period of 12 months.
The post holder will have responsibility for managing a team of 3 Solicitors and a number of Legal Assistants. The overall purpose of this position is to have responsibility for safeguarding the interests of the organisation through the provision of legal advice and support. You will assist with directing and leading the employment department, whilst maintaining control over highly sensitive and complex legal matters.
Typical duties required will include:
- Assisting with the management of the employment law team to include supervising Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Legal Assistants
- Conducting 1 to 1 meetings and allocating work and knowing what's going on in the team
- Attending senior management meetings to provide strategic guidance for the organisation
- Advising on all employment matters including complex tribunal litigation, collective redundancy consultation, TUPE (Outsourcing), HR matters, equal pay issues, employment policies and procedures
- Dealing with case management of high profile tribunal litigation matters to include whistleblowing complaints and discrimination claims
- Advising on merits, prepared cases for hearing, advising on settlements and managing publicity including any press releases relating to cases
- Dealing with TUPE issues including business transfers & public sector pensions issues
- Handling cases relating to senior exits and drafting Settlement Agreements
- Instructing and liaising with external Counsel
The hourly rate is flexible depending on experience.
Should you, or anybody you know be available for work or interested in the above position then please contact Philippa Turner or Emma Walker by phone on 0121 616 0660 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Venn Group's “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.*