Residential Conveyancing Solicitor / Fee Earner
A very well respected and trusted law firm are currently seeking a high calibre Residential Conveyancing Solicitor to join their friendly team in Buxton on a full time, permanent basis.
A multi discipline law firm offering services to both individuals as as well as small and large businesses, the firm prides themselves on their personal and accessible approach on all matters. With a strong local presence and teams of solicitors that are specialists in their field, they are a strong firm in the region and have enjoyed successes for many years.
You will be working independently on a mixed residential caseload, within a supportive team, on transactions including sales, purchases, transfer of equity, remortgage etc. You will be confident and able to take on complex matters where necessary and will hit the ground running.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing a range of property matters from initial instruction through to post completion
- Providing cost estimates to new clients
- Opening files and progressing matters in line with the firm and SRA's procedures
- Liaising with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and Solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- Undertaking any additional relevant tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- Managing post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- Contributing to business development activity and networking events on behalf of the firm
- Providing support to colleagues in the Property department, as required
Experience Level Required: 5+ years PQE
The ideal candidate will be confident managing a complex caseload and have excellent client care and communication skills across all levels. You will draw upon strong previous experience to provide a personal, transparent service to clients as standard.
The role requires sound technical expertise across all aspects of Conveyancing and the undertaking of fee earning work across predominantly residential (both freehold and leasehold) matters, with some limited exposure to commercial property work.
As a Senior Residential Conveyancing Solicitor it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and accounting software programmes
- A calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
It is also desirable you can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of case management systems
- 5+ years' experience as a Conveyancer
Salary and benefits
In addition to a competitive salary in the region of 35-£45k per year, the following benefits for part of the remuneration packaged offered:
- 21 days holidays each year, plus 8 bank holidays and extra 4 days over Christmas/ New Year
- Pension scheme
- Target Bonus
For more information please contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today for more information.