Senior Associate - Commercial Litigation
Senior Associate Commercial Litigation Solicitor - Manchester - Top 100 Firm
My client provides a full commercial service to a nationwide client base and this is an opportunity to join a winning team with excellent opportunities for progression. The position would be ideal for a commercial litigation solicitor who is looking for a dynamic but supportive atmosphere in which to hone his or her skills with "London work" done from this firm
The successful candidate will advise in relation to and representing clients in commercial litigation matters, whether through litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution, with minimal supervision. The work types shall include, but not limited to public law disputes (judicial review and procurement litigation) contractual and commercial disputes, professional negligence, injunctions, contentious insolvency matters and debt recovery. Some work may also have an international focus.
The candidate will be responsible for:
* Expanding our provision of commercial litigation services regionally.
* Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and market intermediaries.
* Leading and proactive participation in individual, team and office based business development initiatives.
* Participation in firm-wide and departmental meetings, training sessions and social events, including travelling to internal meetings or attending via video-con, and generally ensuring the Manchester commercial litigation team is fully integrated with the firm's wider commercial litigation team in London and elsewhere.
* Delegating client work effectively to junior fee-earners as appropriate.
* Contributing effectively to department and firm wide performance goals.
* Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
Essential for the role;
* Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application.
* Strong client focus.
* Drive and enthusiasm.
* Commercial awareness.
* Substantial client management experience.
* Proven track record in origination/business development.
* Solid academic record.
* Qualified solicitor with relevant PQE in advising a broad diet of commercial litigation matters.
* Ability to manage files independently.
Salary Neg and dependant upon experience + Fantastic benefits
Please contact Ryan McNamara, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more North West legal positions.