Inquests Lawyer - An Inquests Lawyer is required in Leeds to work for a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The Inquest Lawyer will be qualified Solicitor of Barrister and will join a team that carries out a wide range of work which includes advising on health law queries, regulatory matters, public law issues, judicial reviews, mental health issues, clinical risk management and inquests.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a confident and experienced solicitor or barrister who has gained around 3 years’ experience of healthcare and inquest law, including advocacy. This role will involve advising on issues such as:
• Inquests - representing NHS bodies and private providers
• Serious incident investigations and inquiries - dealing with obligations in respect of both
internal and external investigations and inquiries;
• Patient issues - considering issues in respect of consent to treatment, capacity queries,
continuing care and funding of treatment;
• Information law - the application of the DPA, GDPR, FOIA and information governance
• Public law issues - both the powers which NHS bodies have and challenges to the use of those
powers by way of judicial review;
• General queries - providing advice to clients over numerous different health law issues.
The work includes dealing with some of the most important and politically sensitive cases for the NHS. The successful candidate will therefore need to be a confident individual who is dynamic, self-motivated and able to develop the skills to work with very senior NHS management.
Salary dependent upon experience.