Healthcare Paralegal / Legal Assistant Job - Leading Bristol Firm
Your new firm
Our client are an international law firm with an excellent reputation for high quality work. Their clients include private equity firms specialising in healthcare investments, health ministries and authorities, public and private hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, healthcare suppliers and distributors as well as healthcare companies. They deal with claims on behalf of all types of healthcare professional and private medical companies and are currently seeking a paralegal to work with a partner who specialises in medical malpractice and healthcare work, and a partner that specialises in medical defence litigation. This role will involve supporting fee earners in the team.
To apply for this role you should be a law graduate with a strong academic record and/or previous experience of working in a similar legal assistant or paralegal role.
Your new role
Our client is looking for someone who is passionate about what they do as well as someone who has a genuine hunger to learn. Duties will include:
* Providing assistance to two claims lawyers and others in the team
* Work on clinical negligence matters and medical malpractice claims from insurers
* Dealing with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
* Working to strict legal deadlines and managing priorities and processes effectively
* Dealing with a high volume of correspondence and documents in a timely manner
* Management of small value fixed fee files and gaining expert evidence
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious paralegal to join a hugely successful company where you will be rewarded with great benefits, fantastic training and a friendly working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal in complete confidence to discuss further.