Commercial Property 1 PQE Solicitor
Your new company
Leading Top 100 law firm in Reading (ranked in by both Chambers and Legal 500), brings over 300 years of legal expertise across 5 locations in the UK. The firm is highly regarded in the local and national market and prides itself on it's interesting work, varied clients and support for professional development. While clients are at the heart of everything they do, they also recognise that life outside of work is important too and their approach to flexible working and target hours for fee earners reflects this. What really sets them apart is their friendly, open and inclusive culture. People join and stay at the firm as they get the benefits of challenging work in a supportive and professional atmosphere.
Your new role
The Commercial Real Estate team have expertise in all aspects of a Commercial Property Transaction. The includes Construction, Planning, Drafting Commercial Leases and Sale and Purchase of Property or Land.
My client is looking for a qualified solicitor to join the team to assist with the following areas of work:
- Acting on sales and acquisitions (by private treaty and by auction)
- Lettings (for landlord and tenant)
- Property management (dealing with licences to assign, underlet and alter etc)
- Property finance
- Residential development work (acting primarily for developers on land acquisitions by way of conditional agreements and options)
You will work for a variety of clients including Investors, Developers, Banks, and Third Sector organisations. You will also provide support to our business services department on corporate transactions. As a member of the Real Estate team, you will be expected to lend general support as and when required and also contribute to the monthly department know-how meetings. Playing an active part in business development activities is also required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Admission to the Solicitors Roll in England & Wales
- 1+ years' PQE
- 2:1 degree preferred
- Experience of undertaking a variety of Commercial Property matters
- Excellent computer literacy is essential given the use of specialised computer software
- Proficiency in IT with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate efficiently with clients
- A highly technical approach with a strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain high quality standards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.