Commercial Contracts Lawyer
COMMERICAL CONTRACT LAWYER VACANCY
A busy Local Authority based in Oxford are seeking a Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join their team on a full time basis. The role is being offered on an initial three to six month basis with a high probability of an extension.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you can work under pressure whilst meeting strict deadlines. The main purpose of the role is as follows:
- To undertake a range of legal work in connection with the work of the team and to provide general legal advice to all client departments.
- To assist Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient Legal Service to the Council.
- To assist Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to the Council in compliance with the LEXCEL Office Procedures Manual formulated in accordance with the Law Society’s Practice Management Standards.
You must be able to demonstrate that you can hold a challenging case load including:
- Complex construction contracts
- Service contracts
- Contract related governance issues
- Advising senior officers within the council
- Broad advice experience
- EU Procurement
- Excellent drafting skills
If you are to apply, it is essential that you are available on short notice. If this sounds like the next challenge for you, then please do not hesitate to send a copy of your CV to Holly Bedi – firstname.lastname@example.org
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.