Criminal Defence, Duty Solicitor- Manchester
Are you an experienced Duty Solicitor with exposure of dealing with matters in the Magistrates?
If so my client is a leading criminal practice south of Manchester city centre who now have the requirement for a hungry and ambitious duty solicitor who is looking to further their career in this exceedingly busy area of law or for those who may already have years of experience defending clients involved with drug offences, firearms and road traffic offences, or more serious crimes including murder, fraud and sexual assault.
Ideally, you will have proven experience of working in magistrates matters and the ability to represent all manor of clients, both legal aid and privately funded cllients, undertakeproviding representation to clients on a day to day basis and sometimes out of hours.
The list below is not exhaustive but you will able to to demonstrate the following;
- A proven ability to handle a caseload of Magistrate Trials & Guilty pleas
- Attend the Magistrates Court on a daily basis
- Be able to attend Police Stations in and out of office hours as part of the Duty Solicitor Scheme
- An ability to be part of a team and delegate work to the Clerks in the department
- A capacity to dictate letters and attendance notes for Secretaries
- Prior Magistrates court case experience of advocacy and preparation
- A solid working knowledge of English Law
- The ability to instructions from Clients
- Prior expertise in representing and attending meetings with clients in police stations, cells and in the office
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence
- Progressing cases through to trial
- Have outstanding time management and organisational skills
If you are seeking a changee of scence from your current firm, or simply not getting a steady work load then please get in touch with us here at RBUK Legal or send your CV for immediate consideration.
RBUK LEGAL - CAREERS IN BLACK AND WHITE
RBUK Legal Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.