Senior Commercial Property Lawyer
3 days left
- Contract type
Senior Commercial Property Lawyer
We are looking for a Commercial Property Lawyer to join our vibrant in-house Legal Team. This role would be suitable either for an experienced practitioner or a more recently qualified applicant who can demonstrate the ability to deal with a complex caseload. The work is varied and professionally exciting with involvement in key projects which realise the ambition of the Council and of the city.
Milton Keynes Council Legal Services have a non-hierarchical philosophy and a focus on mentoring and personal development. We work as a team with our clients to support the Council to achieve value for money throughout the services we deliver.
We recruit strongly on value and behaviours. As a forward-thinking legal department, we place emphasis on proactivity, commercial mindedness and pushing the boundaries. If you’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to an iconic town’s growth, as well as enhancing your own legal career, please contact us to find out more.
If you are not familiar with Milton Keynes watch our short video https://youtu.be/UZkI_1TKFHQ
- To manage a caseload of medium and high level matters ensuring that all work is both of a high quality and delivered in a timely manner.All work should be undertaken with the purpose of assisting the Council to achieve its business objectives and operates within the wider policy context.
- Ensure the delivery of value for money services to high practice standards within a culture of continuous improvement.
- To provide training and guidance to the client department and legal team in their core area of work
- Ensure through compliance with robust performance standards the delivery of services to best practice standards.
- Through high quality service, advocacy, advice and casework to support the Council in achieving its outcomes successfully.To ensure that you have the current skills and competencies to advise on all relevant matters and that you ensure that these skills and competencies develop and adapt over time to meet future business developments.
- To establish and maintain a deep understanding of the client’s business needs and objectives as these evolve over time through building professional relationships, ensuring those objectives are understood and shared by colleagues.
- As a Senior Lawyer to assist in supervising the advice, advocacy and casework of more junior lawyers as arranged with the Principal Lawyer through supervision or other arrangements.
- Accountable, with the Principal Lawyer, for the delivery of key performance targets for the team.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Council’s Values and encouraging and holding to account those values throughout their team.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.