Interim Legal Counsel - Bristol
Interim In House Lawyer - Central Bristol
I am looking for an Interim Legal Counsel to join my clients team based in Bristol. The role is offered on an initial basis of 1 - 2 months with the possibility of further extension. You will ideally be able to start at short notice.
You will provide practical and expert legal advice on all commercial issues, working closely with the General Counsel. Duties will include;
- To lead on commercial contracts, predominantly SAAS contracts with customers
- Liaising with the sales and tech teams
- Liaising with the Board members
- Ensuring compliance with privacy laws
- To support other legal areas as required (employment, corporate, property)
You should have an excellent understanding of commercial law and ideally data privacy and SAAS contracts. Desirable experience includes;
- 3 years+ post qualification experience
- Commercial contract experience including enterprise level contracts
- Experience of SAAS contracts
- Good working knowledge of data privacy law
- Multi-jurisdictional experience
- Experience of cyber and training industries and an interest in new technologies is desirable
- Working knowledge of employment, corporate, litigation and property law is preferred but not essential
You should also have good commercial awareness and an understanding of the importance of robust best-practice in delivering practical legal solutions. Ideally you should be 3+ PQE, however that does not preclude more experienced candidates from applying for this role.
Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal for further information on this opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.