Commercial Lawyer / Partner
Are you looking for Partnership? This is achievable by joining this top 150 firm that has been awarded the prestigious Top 100 Places to work in a Tier 2 department that can offer you the next stage of your career.
They are looking for Commercial Technology and IP Lawyer that is interested in becoming a key figure in a thriving team at a stand out firm during an exciting time for them.
This firm is a leading law firm in the South of England and provides a range of services to both businesses and individuals. They have a network of offices across Somerset, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and London.
For a regional firm, they tend to deal with work that you would usually associate with firms in the City and clients include some big names such as international banks and very well-known retailers.
The firm is a true advocate of a friendly culture. They have a relaxed approach, though of course all work very hard.
They put their staff first! As they have been awarded a Top 100 Places to work, they are incredibly good at "giving back" so there are plenty of benefits that come with working for such a firm.
They are seeking a Commercial IP/Technology/Media Lawyer for their office in Bath, Somerset or alternatively, Swindon in Wiltshire.
You will look to grow, develop and manage Technology and IP work with an aim to build the business whilst maintaining a consistent level of excellent client service. You will work closely to support the Head of Department and Business Manager in achieving the Business Plan. To have responsibility for line managing and growing the Technology & Media team.
You will carry out IP and IT work and heavy weight commercial contract work generally, but with a particular focus on the technology & media sector. Act as a recognised expert in your discipline/sector.
The role is solely dealing with non-contentious Commercial contracts work with a focus on technology and IP.
The firm are ideally looking for someone who will head our tech and media sector team so you need to be a strong Business Developer as well as a very technical lawyer.
There is a small team to manage as well!
You will be:
- A qualified IP/Technology/Media Lawyer with experience operating as a senior fee earner
- Strong knowledge and practice of IP and IT law and wider commercial law, particularly in relation to commercial contracts. The role is for non-contentious contract law specialist but a working knowledge of contentious IP law would be an advantage.
- Clear business plan for growth proposition within the technology & IP department
- Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service
- Excellent business developer with a proven ability to convert business development activity into work
- Ability to lead and manage a small team
In return, you will receive an excellent benefits package and salary is very negotiable dependent on experience/the individual, although it is thought it would be an above industry average figure.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation!