Head of Legal, Risk & Compliance
Are you a Solicitor looking to go In-House? This is an amazing opportunity to become General Counsel for a leading Property Management company.
This is a business that manage apartment buildings & private residential estates and they have been operating for a few decades. As such, they're very good at what they do and are a very good company to join, particularly at this time of expansion and growth (which is the reason for this role).
Due to expansion and growth, this property management group requires a head of Risk, Compliance & Legal to take control of risk and compliance matters within the group.
Given the sector of the company, knowledge of Property (residential) legislation is a real advantage.
- Ensuring the group has a programme in place to manage its compliance with the following:
- Self-regulatory codes of property management practice as applicable to each business (ARMA, RICS, ARHM), including management of relevant audits etc.
- Relevant legislation and regulation, as amended by case law from time to time
- Lease provisions and TP1 covenants (including review of new site leases)
- Work closely with the operations team in each business to ensure the KPIs that are in place effectively monitor and manage compliance in line with above;
- Act as a source of technical guidance for the operational teams on property management matters (lease, code and legal compliance, dealing with FTT or ombudsman issues);
- Work closely with the group audit & risk committee, staff and executive management to assist the business in operating its risk management framework (reporting and analysis of risks);
- Maintenance of standard terms of business and commercial terms with clients;
- Ownership of the company secretarial service to clients (supervision of two staff that cover all aspects from manco incorporation, directorships, maintenance of registers, statutory filings and meeting management);
- First level advisory service for all legal matters impacting the organisation (in conjunction with external counsel if required);
This is an incredible opportunity to become Head of Legal, Risk & Compliance at a stand-out company in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Apply now, or call me for a confidential discussion!