Locum Childcare Advocate (Homeworking Available)
Locum Childcare Advocate (Homeworking Available), 3 months +, Bedfordshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Locum Childcare Advocate to join an established Local Authority in Bedfordshire. The duration of the contract is likely to be for 3 months with the possibility of extension and is offered on a full or part-time basis.
The successful candidate must be able to provide advocacy defiantly and represent complex and sensitive cases in court with specialist technique and legislative expertise. This role will be heavily client focused and require the ability to react to immediate issues of a highly complex nature and deliver pragmatic solutions at times under extreme pressure. Local Authority experience is essential for this role. Our client also requires a candidate with a full valid driving license and use of a suitably insured vehicle for business use.
Duties will include:
- Presenting Local Authority cases within a variety of proceedings and venues, including lengthy contested hearings to achieve the best outcome for the client in a timely and flexible manner
- Leading on negotiations in areas of dispute, in order to resolve areas of conflict
- Formulating and presenting quality legal argument on behalf of the client, both orally and in writing to a high standard
- Conducting effective communication with clients, professionals and the judiciary while being a professional ambassador for the Council
- Efficiently discharging the Council's powers in a cost effective manner in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Anticipating and identifying problems to the client including service user complaints and judicial review at a correct time
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the team functions successfully in meeting the needs of the client
This role will pay £40-45 per hour umbrella dependant upon experience and flexibility on homeworking will be offered.
Should you, or anybody you know wish to apply for the above position then please contact Connie Ross or Sophie Powell by phone on 0121 616 0660 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.