Deputy Company Secretary
Deputy Company Secretary Job in Swindon - PLC Business - Flexible Working
Your new business
Our PLC client are recognised as an employer of choice in the South West and are known for the value that they place on work - life balance. They have an excellent opportunity for a Deputy Company Secretary to join their team in Swindon - you will support the Company Secretary in the day to day running of the company secretarial department and ensure compliance with all corporate governance matters and regulatory obligations affecting the Group PLC and its subsidiary and joint venture companies globally. Flexible and part-time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
Your new role
As well as drafting of the relevant governance sections of the Group PLC annual report and general project management of the production process, you will be maintaining statutory records for the Group's UK and international subsidiaries and supporting the Company Secretary with board administration and advising the Board on regulatory changes and best practice corporate governance. Other duties will include:
- Administering and maintaining the records of the Group's share option schemes (SAYE, LTIP and deferred bonus plans) and HMRC annual filings
- Managing and overseeing the AGM (and other GMs as required) to ensure smooth and effective execution
- Promoting compliance across a range of corporate responsibilities including Modern Slavery, Bribery and Corruption, etc. and advising on best practice administration of policies
- Issue and listing of new shares for block listings and corporate actions - record of issued share capital
- Monitoring shareholder analyses and liaising with investor relations consultants where necessary
- Reviewing dividend documentation and liaising with registrars for payment of dividend.
You will be a qualified chartered secretary / solicitor with relevant experience gained within a Co Sec function, preferably with overseas subsidiaries. You should have a working knowledge of the FCA's Listing Rules and Disclosure & Transparency Rules and Companies Act 2006 and the ability to take the appropriate level of initiative and to drive a project/issue through to completion/resolution. You should have solid inter personal skills and the ability to manage multiple (multi-level) stakeholders. Although not essential, it is highly desirable that you will be ICSA qualified. Candidates part-way through their studies are also encouraged to apply.
What's in it for you
You will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, and free car parking. This is a great opportunity to be creative and promote your own ideas in a stimulating and growing company - you will be supported in your personal and professional development. Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal on click apply in order to discuss further.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Kind regards,