Job Title: Contracts Solicitor
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Swansea, UK
Begin a New Career with a Purpose at Sterling
We’re a fast-moving world leader in cloud-based background screening and identity services. Our clients use our services to create safer workplaces, build trusted brands and protect vulnerable populations. We are financially thriving, investing in growth and grounded in authenticity. If you are motivated and passionate, you will love working here. Apply today!
We have great people here and are looking for more. Come join us - you will love it!
As a Contracts Solicitor you will be responsible primarily for reviewing and drafting client and vendor contracts and related documents and partnering with internal and external clients to ensure contracts reflect the Company’s position on legal and business terms and conform with Company policies.
Every day, our amazing team provides solutions to prospects and clients, gaining their trust while enhancing long-term partnerships. When you join us, you'll be part of a high-performing team that truly values your contributions will allow you to grow within the business. If you are a self-starter who can meet the challenge, keep reading!
This is what you’ll do:
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts in high through-put environment
- Review and revise service agreements, client policy documents and related documents
- Prepare and/or participate in preparation of client proposals and cross-divisional client contracts
- Coordinate review and input from appropriate business functions as needed to complete contracting documents
- Ensure contract activity and administration is in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and client specifications; interact with all facets of the organization to ensure compliance with contract obligations
- Timely respond to day-to-day legal/contract questions from internal and external clients
- Other job duties as assigned
This Is What We're Looking For:
- Solid understanding of the business needs and an appreciation of financial contractual implications
- Exceptional work ethic, ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to apply independent judgment and creativity to resolve contract issues
- Excellent negotiation skills, practical/common sense approach
- Ability to perform in upper level management environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- At least one year of relevant experience in a Corporate Legal Department or law firm.
- Educated to a degree level, preferably in law or successful completion of CPE or a GDL course. LPC qualified is essential.
Our mission is to provide the foundation of trust and safety our clients need to create great environments for their most essential resource, people. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe.
Most importantly, we make decisions and live by our values:
- It’s All About People
- The Client is Always in the Room
- Deliver Results: They Matter
- Start with Trust and Prove It Everyday
Why You Should Join:
You'll Grow. Make an Impact. Build Community.
- Individually and as a culture, you will have the freedom to create and grow professionally.
- Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience.
- GREAT Paid Time Off
- Competitive employer pension contribution
- Company Vacation House
- Income protection insurance
- Health plans and benefits
- Employee discounts
- Education reimbursement scheme
In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working and we think you will too.
Check out our current job openings: http://www.sterlingcheck.com/About/Careers
Equal Employment Opportunities at Sterling