Claimant Personal Injury Fee Earner
Experienced Fee Earner is required to deal with a caseload of fast track portal matters including litigated stages in a prominent market leading firm based in the Birkenhead office
You will be experienced so you will be able to:
To manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate.
To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
- Perform to a high level in a target-orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
Experience & Knowledge
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm.
- Member/Fellow of CILEx
- Team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals.
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative.
- Resilient - able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and be passionate about developing a career in personal injury.
- Medicash (after 1 months service)
- Flexible Working (dependant on the role requirements)
- Tunnel tag (Liverpool to Wirral commuters)
- Discounted Costco membership
- 10 year service award
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Free Fruit on Monday's
- Subsidised social events
- Free tea and coffee
We also offer the below at certain sites at reduced rates:
- Car valet
- Dry cleaning
- Alternative therapies
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.