A Residential Property Lawyer or Conveyancer is required by a law firm only 20 minutes from London Liverpool Street Station n Chelmsford, Essex. Our client are a modern and extremely progressive player with a strong history of success, driven to deliver the highest possible standards to clients.
They wish to recruit a fee earner with at least 12 months experience of residential property law, conveyancing and related matters, ideally with a knowledge of new builds or at least a willingness to learn.
- A good knowledge of conveyancing and running your own caseload from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- An excellent communicator
- Take pride in providing a high level of customer service and client care
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to win new clients
- A passion for networking
- A hard worker who wants to develop their legal career and progress quickly
- Always willing to learn and try new things
- Trustworthy and professional
- A team player willing to help out colleagues
About the Role
- You will deal effectively with clients and third parties over the telephone, in written correspondence and occasionally face to face, in order to provide advice and assistance
- You will be responsible for chasing various documentation, ID, mortgage offers and searches
- Proactive updates to the client regarding their transaction, contract checks, mortgage reports and search results checking, replying to freehold and leasehold enquiries
- Dealing with freehold, leasehold, re-mortgages, transfer of equity, right to buy, shared ownership and new plot purchases
- Dealing with the exchange of contracts and completion of purchases
- Assist in growing the business – working with the rest of the team to develop new opportunities and communicating our message to attract new clients. This will range from writing articles for the website and publications to attending business networking events and even speaking to a room full of people if you have the skill.
- Working with the management team to decide on the future direction of the firm and getting involved with making it happen