Financial Mis-Selling Solicitor
An opportunity for an NQ - 7+ PQE Solicitor to join an ambitious financial services law firm, advising clients seeking redress from mis-sold financial products with a specific focus on Unfair Contracts (Consumer Credit Agreements).
The Candidate will require some form of experience in a professional negligence or relevant commercial/civil litigation discipline (claimant-side preferred).You will preferably have at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent and will feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
You will natuarlly need to be a 'Self Starter' and take ownership of the development of your own professional knowledge and expertise. You will have a high level of numeracy and the ability to handle a large and varied caseload
You will have the skills and willingness to supervise, encourage, train and develop other less experienced colleagues when required.
* Advising clients at each stage of claims for compensation on mis-sold financial products with a specific focus on Plevin claims. (infair contractual relationship), Pensions, Investments, Mortgages & Unaffordable Credit Agreements
* Advising clients on the law and regulations concerning professional negligence in respect of retail financial advice and a dvising clients at each stage of the claims process
* Advising clients on the law and regulations concerning miss-sold financial products
* Managing your own caseload from start to finish
* Utilising Case Management software to progress cases
To succeed in this position, you will be hard working, enthusiastic, outgoing and a team player with excellent client service skills. You will be natural at building rapport with clients and colleagues and will quickly gain their confidence with your knowledge and professionalism.
Salary Negotiable + Benefits
Please contact Ryan McNamara, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more North West legal positions.