Legal Director / Partner (COLP)
5 days left
- Contract type
Salary –Up to £60,000 based on experience (£80,000 OTE)
CRS is a UK Specialist Debt Collection Agency (DCA) based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
We are a ‘new breed’ of DCA who use the latest notification methods and technologies as Debt Collection tools. We have received numerous industry awards for our technology-led solutions and boast close partnerships with some of the largest UK businesses in the Utilities, Financial Services, Telecoms and Insurance sectors.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority but are looking to expand our legal offering by creating an in-house team through an Alternative Business Structure (ABS).
We currently recoup c£24m behalf of our clients. Litigation is an integral part of our process and a key driver to reaching our long term growth strategy.
About the role
We are looking for a driven individual to have overall responsibility for the Department. This will involve the set-up and ongoing management of the ABS.
Reporting to The Board of Directors, the Legal Director will be accountable for department KPIs around commercial billing, operational efficiencies, overall revenue targets and maintaining compliance standards through being the COLP.
This ‘Partner level’ position is open to both experienced Solicitors and ambitious individuals who want to take the next step in their career.
- Management and delivery of the ABS application process.
- Leadership role in running the Department including reporting and delivery of Business KPIs.
- Responsibility for the P&L, including driving through business benefits through operational and commercial wins.
- Meeting the legal requirements of being the COLP including developing, implementing and maintaining compliance procedures, systems and processes inline with SRA requirements.
- Monitoring, recording and reporting any compliance breaches as required by the SRA and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Working with the wider compliance team maintaining standard relating to ISO 9001, ISO27001 and FCA regulation.
- An in depth knowledge of the SRA Handbook, including the Code of Conduct and experience of liaising with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA);
- A strong understanding of SRA regulation, ideally within its application to Alternative Business Structures (ABS);
- Experience of data analysis and the creation of reports based upon that analysis.
- At least 6 years qualified as a solicitor.
- At least 3 years’ experience of risk management and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent legal knowledge and ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct.
- Confidence to thrive under pressure, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
To apply for this role please click the Apply Now button.
Apply for Legal Director / Partner (COLP)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly