Insurance Litigation (Abuse & Social Services)
Our client is a market leader in advising insurers and local authorities in the defence of personal injury claims and other civil actions.
The team already has an exceptional reputation on advising and defending civil actions involving social service and other public bodies. Due to increased levels of instructions (often surrounding high profile cases), to bolster the team, we welcome applications from solicitors and legal executives on this specialist area.
Previous experience in this niche area should include assessing liability and join liability and contribution, evaluation of evidence, causation, remoteness of damage and quantification.
This opportunity presents an excellent career move dealing with a varied caseload involving complex legal issues.
Typical instructions include:
· cases involving children in alleged physical, sexual and emotional abuse;
· current and historical abuse cases arising whilst in care and within the community;
· individual and group actions;
· failure to remove/protect/investigate;
· Abuse by employees and those in a position of pastoral care;
· Cases involving the elderly injured in care and nursing homes
· Joint proceedings involving other public bodies
Reflective of its expertise in this area, the firm is instructed by numerous clients including insurers, local authorities, religious organisations, sporting clubs and associations, schools and colleges, nurseries and charities.
You will be experienced in assessing liability and join liability and contribution, evaluation of evidence, causation, remoteness of damage and quantification.