Senior Property Solicitor
Senior Property Solicitor (1 Year FTC)
£37,750 - £41,664 (including fringe weighting)
About Watford Borough Council
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; The borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt, Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a Glance
- £1.4bn local investment happening – mix of public and private funding
- 5 major development and regeneration projects happening
- 3500 registered businesses - Higher than average working age population - Skilled workforce
- Affordable local housing market
- Home to many major international head offices
We are currently looking for a Senior Property Solicitor to join us on a 1 year fixed-term contract.
You will be required to:
- Undertake all landlord and tenant work related to the Croxley Business Park - Supervise the department’s law advisers in relation to landlord and tenant related matters relating to the Croxley Business Park
- Provide advice on building contracts relating to the Croxley Business Park and draft relevant contracts
- Undertake such other commercial property transactions relating to the Council’s general property portfolio as required
What We Are Looking For:
Someone who can provide legal advice and undertake all necessary legal work in relation to the management of Croxley Business Park. Someone who is used to undertaking a large caseload, managing client expectations and delivering a high quality service within strict deadlines. Previous experience of undertaking work of a similar scale and nature would be desirable. -
Provide legal advice and undertake all legal work necessary in the leasing and management of other industrial and commercial properties in the Councils portfolio, including advising Members and officers from across the Council, and working with third parties and their advisers, to assist in the work of Council officers in achieving Council priorities.
- Undertake the supervision of 3 Law Advisors, when undertaking work related to Croxley Business Park
- You must have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience of property law, commercial law, contract law and the principles of Best Value and procurement and public partnerships, including EU regulations and Directives and local government law as it relates to property matters -
You must be able to understand and interpret highly complex legal documents and legislation and apply that understanding to the relevant task
- You must be able to draft highly complex legal agreements, contracts, leases, transfers and other legal documents in plain English
- You must have excellent customer care skills and be able to effectively manage your workload to meet the requirements of the department’s clients - You need to have excellent problem-solving skills
- You need to have excellent negotiation skills
- To effectively manage your own workload within strict deadlines
- To be able to supervise others
Closing Date: 13th September 2019
Other titles for this role may include Property Solicitor, Senior Property Lawyer, Property Lawyer, Lawyer or Solicitor.
To apply for the role of Senior Property Solicitor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.