4 days left
- Contract type
We represent a nationwide, Legal 500 firm seeking to recruit experienced and talented Costs Lawyers, Costs Draftsmen & Legal Executives on a full-time, permanent basis. Our Client has a team of 30 plus Costs Lawyers and Costs Draftsmen in various locations across the UK and is looking for Costs Lawyers and Costs Draftsmen who are willing to handle a varied workload and eventually supervise a team of Trainee Costs Lawyers.
Our client provides a service to a leading Legal Aid practice providing services in 25+ practice areas of law across England and Wales and is recognised in Legal 500 and Chambers for its excellence in Law. The Company is embarking on an ambitious plan to expand Team to 40 Costs Draftsmen and Costs Lawyers by the end of this financial year.
• Drafting Private Client, Inter- Partes and Legal Aid Bills (6 column/3 column)
• Drafting POD’s/ Replies
• Conducting Negotiations
• Supervising Juniors to draft bills & complete post –assessment work
• To complete Legal Aid Claims;
• To liaise and advise fee earners and support staff in relation to the variety of legal costs matters
• Drafting statement of Costs for summary assessment
• Drafting of estimates of costs to accompany Allocation Questionnaires and Pre-Trial Checklists.
• Working knowledge of submitting bills onto the Legal Aid CCMS portal an advantage.
Applications are encouraged from Costs Lawyers, Costs Draftsmen and Legal Executives who have a strong understanding of Costs Law.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Costs Draftsman or qualified as a Costs lawyer.
• Excellent legal knowledge on Costs Law and legal aid funding provisions
• Costs Negotiation Experience
• Have proven IT skills and ability to adapt to new technology
• Ability to draft bills on Costs Master or i.docs.
• Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills
• Self-motivated to work independently and as part of a team with ‘can do attitude.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• previous experience in drafting Legal Aid bills desirable
• A positive approach to working under pressure and in a busy environment
• Business acumen
Excellent remuneration package,
Practising Certificate paid for,
Excellent training opportunities,
Vast range of training webinars/e-library,
Opportunities for career development and progression,
Supportive team environment,
Flexible working arrangements/considered,
Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition.
If this sounds of interest, please apply now for one of our agents to contact you.
Note: By applying to this vacancy you give Gemini Recruitment Services Limited permission to submit your CV to the hiring company.
Apply for Costs Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly