Family Paralegal/Legal Executive
Permanent, Full time
My Client are a Legal 500 firm of solicitors based in Huddersfield. They have recently invested in technology, marketing and resources which have resulted in a 20% growth of the business during the last twelve months, meaning they are now looking to expand there family team. Winning awards for many years this client is known for their reputation within their sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Family Paralegal/Legal Executive within a leading department. As the suitable candidate you will support the Head of family and the solicitors with regards to their work. The team have been shortlisted for many awards in recent years and are continuing to grow.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
* Take new client instructions
* Applying for public funding
* To attend the Family Justice Centre and Public Law Outline meetings
* To progress injunctive relief matters to their conclusion, to include carrying out advocacy duties in respect of non-defended hearings
* Attending court with counsel
* Taking instructions from clients in care cases
* Booking experts
* Drafting applications to court, including C2 and Part 25 applications
* Preparing court bundles
* Time recording
* Preparing and submitting claims for costs, including on-line claims
* Preparing events based High Cost Case Plans
What you will need?
* Previous Paralegal/Legal Executive experience in Family law
* Experience using a case management system
* Excellent communication skills
* IT literate
For more information about this, and other roles that I am recruiting for in Huddersfield, please contact Ben Brockman at Search Legal on 0113 308 8018 or email Ben.Brockman@search.co.uk
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.