LAW Absolute are recruiting to a locum Childcare Lawyer position with a local authority based in the North East of England.
Our client is forward thinking with their approach and have a vibrant and innovative team. They are offering a three month locum assignment with a strong possibility for extension.
About the position
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Provide advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including; public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering.
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings.
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC’s, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings.
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses.
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings.
- Attend legal planning meetings when required.
It is essential that you are hard-working and can perform your duties efficiently with minimal supervision whilst maintaining a high standard service at all times.
Due to the nature of the role, it is vital that you can work in a fast paced environment and can hit the ground running from the outset. Although this role is full time, our client will consider condensed hours/home working if needed.
If this is something this is of interest to you, the please do not hesitate to send a copy of your updated CV to Holly – email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.