Job Title Locum Housing Lawyer
Location Enfield, North London (Commutable from Hertfordshire, Central London and Essex)
Salary Up to £36 per hour
Apply by Email Consultant Natalie Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 02071275274
Closing Date 15th September 2019
Locum Housing Lawyer
A Large FTSE Listed Property and Facilities Management Organisation is seeking an Interim Senior Housing Lawyer to join their growing London division as they recruit for a permanent member of staff. London based.
An established and successful FTSE Listed Property and Facilities Management company with national operations, the legal team is split between the company’s various subsidiaries nationwide. The business has grown through successful competitor acquisitions and diversifying their services over the past decade. In addition, in most recent years they have enjoyed particular success increasing client biddings and procurement.
Reporting into the Managing Director and the Group General Counsel, the successful housing lawyer will manage a small legal function, handling a variety of non-contentious and contentious housing and property management issues nationwide. There will also be opportunity to deal with a range of matters concerning development and acquisitions, employment, commercial disputes, procurement and conveyancing.
As the senior housing lawyer, you will also provide some high-level strategic advice including drafting of tenancies, management agreements, policies and procedures as well as advice on fire safety and data protection (GDPR and the DPA 2018).
The role is based in London
Key responsibilities include:
- Defending disrepair claims
- Responsible for all aspects of cases subject to litigation or anticipated litigation
- Preparing Section 21 and Section 8 notices, as well as Notices to Quit
- Dealing with AST tenancy deposits and consumer protection law
- Ensuring landlords are made aware of their contractual obligations and of the complaints procedures
- Advising landlords on the law and procedure following termination of their management agreement and advising landlords of the likely costs
- Responding to complaints made by landlords
- Preparing court pleadings and witness statements
- Managing and instructing external counsel
- Possession claims for breach of tenancy, suitable alternative accommodation, loss of security of tenure
- Disrepair and dilapidations claims
- Tenancy fraud including unlawful subletting and succession
- Breach of lease
- Gas safety and general access injunctions..
- Leasehold disputes
- Rent and service charge recovery (residential and commercial)
The successful candidate will have expertise in providing housing management and property litigation advice in the housing sector and will have experience working with local authorities, tenant management organisations, estate management boards, housing associations and private landlords. You will have experience working within the government administration industry, excellent stakeholder management and project management skills.
The ideal candidate will have trained within a top Legal 500 law firm within Social Housing. You will have a solid understanding and experience of dealing with and preparing s21 and s8 notices. You will have knowledge of housing law, landlord and tenant law and the Civil Procedure Rules.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Housing Management Lawyer who is keen to hit the ground running and liaise with a variety of senior business stakeholders. Excellent day rate.
There are many benefits to choosing an interim role. As an interim lawyer, you are in control of where, how and when you work. Working as interim allows for flexibility and freedom in your working pattern, preventing you from getting caught up and tied down to a demanding job that doesn’t suit. Plus, working as an interim allows you to experience working in a different sector or in an unfamiliar role before requiring you to commit to a permanent position. You may also be looking to gain more experience, broaden your knowledge and learn new skills in order to be able to expand your current role.
Whatever your reason, let us help.
We are a legal recruitment consultancy that specialises in recruiting legal specialists interested in trying something different. We are working with a number of clients who are currently seeking qualified lawyers to fill a variety of new and exciting interim and temporary roles. Now is your chance. We’re waiting to hear from you.
For further information and to apply, please contact Natalie Thomas at TAP Search on 02071275274 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com