Interim Litigation Lead: FTSE 100
Interim, contract, temporary, litigation, litigation legal jobs, interim litigation legal job, insurance, temp
Your new company
A FTSE 100 insurance company in Croydon. This company is one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the United Kingdom. They are home to some of the nation's best-known brands.
Your new role
This Litigation Technical Lead role is an interim role for 4 months to provide technical legal supervision and support to a team providing claimant legal services on claims that are litigated, complex and/or high value, ensuring the provision of accurate, high quality and compliant advice and supporting the professional development of the team through technical coaching and the dissemination of specialist knowledge
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with other Technical Leads to provide technical support and supervision across your function to ensure the provision of a high quality and compliant service, taking accountability for decisions in line with your delegated authority and escalating to your team leader as necessary
- Undertake extensive research as required to identify the relevant Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) section or case law to assess prospects
- Act as a subject matter expert on relevant areas of law, applying legal knowledge and experience to help fellow team members deal with novel and/or complex situations including the provision of guidance on legal research best practice
- Support the development of technical legal knowledge and expertise across your function through coaching, functional and individual training needs analysis and, in conjunction with HR and/or the Legal Practice team, facilitate and deliver technical training and development interventions
- Input into the management and development of fellow team member performance regarding the quality and compliance of their work and on their technical knowledge and development
- Identify technical training/coaching needs following audit reports to address any areas of concern and, in conjunction with other Technical Leads and the Legal Practice team, advise on how best to address any identified areas of non-compliance to minimise risk and cost
- Proactively keep up to date with developments in relevant areas of law, knowledge sharing within Technical Lead community
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a high-quality of employee experience and engagement by helping fellow team members to optimise their technical performance and development
- Role model the desired work ethic, customer focus, commerciality and values both behaviourally and through the content of the technical advice and support provided
- Provide technical support and input into any change design and implementation to ensure opportunities for improvement are optimised and that technical compliance/standards are not compromised
- Contribute to the proactive management of risk across the function, with a particular focus on those risks associated with standards of legal practice and regulatory compliance
What you'll need to succeed
Ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with relevant litigation experience and expertise, sufficient to be considered a subject matter expert and deliver the requirements of this role with credibility and from a position of knowledge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.