- Contract type
TNational firm is looking for a planning solicitor 3PQE+ and they will also look at very senior solicitors, to be based in either Manchester or leeds
This firm is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2017, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
The Planning team continues to go from strength to strength. Due to the number of large exciting projects in the pipeline there is a need to recruit an additional specialist planning solicitor to the team. The team currently handles a large variety of high quality work for both private and public sector clients. Examples of the type of work the team is currently advising in connection with:
*Various strategic residential and New Town projects - advising on all planning aspects, including advising on a new garden town which is to comprise 23,000 dwellings and major infrastructure
*Promoting over 10 major CPO projects, including various major highways CPO's
*DCO's and Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects - including advising on a marine tidal energy project
*Judicial review challenges, including recent success in the Court of Appeal
*Day to day planning advisory work for clients
*The national team works collaboratively across offices, undertaking high quality work in a supportive environment
We are recruiting for a Principal Associate or above to have conduct of matters and work collaboratively with other members of the team to meet client needs, including on the types of project referred to in the "Department" section above.
To help deliver further growth for the Planning practice both nationally and in the relevant location.
Senior candidates will be considered, particularly for the Manchester role and depending on level of experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with members of the Planning team and wider firm to meet client needs
- Have conduct of matters, providing clients with commercially focussed planning advice and guidance
- Help deliver growth for the Planning practice both nationally and in the relevant location
- Depending on Produce and implement a business development plan
- Lead on business development initiatives and assist with marketing and training
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets KPIs
- Ensure relevant deadlines and quality measures are adhered to
- Comply with relevant firm and client policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified solicitor
- At least three years experience in Planning law, with at least some experience gained within private practice
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience in one of more of the following areas:
- promoting CPO's;
- drafting complex section 106 agreements for large residential developments; and
- advising in relation to DCO applications
- Technically strong and commercially sound
- If based in Manchester then this would role would suit a more experienced/ senior planning lawyer
- A following is not essential, but enthusiasm for growing client relationships and business development is important (depending on level and experience). A track record of previous growth/ client relationship management is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A team player, who has the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Planning Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly